Heartwarming Beef & Pork Chili
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped green onions and/or hot pepper slices, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, pork, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Add the water, tomato sauce, beans, tomatoes, chili seasoning and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until heated through. Serve with cheese, sour cream, green onions and/or hot peppers if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 237 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 656mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Aug 18, 2014
Very good, great for someone who loves a really meaty chili. The addition of the ground pork gives it a little different flavor that we enjoyed.For those who like it spicier, hot sausage would be a good substitute for the ground pork.
Jan 18, 2014
I've been cooking this recipe for years and the men of the house absolutely LOVE it!! Me too :) Thanks so much Mrs. P!
Dec 7, 2013
My family sorta liked it.
Nov 9, 2010
I made this in my Crock Pot! I didn't even brown the meat first. I just put it all in together and cooked it on high for about 4 hours. It was a little soupy so I added rice and cheese. It was awesome!
Nov 8, 2010
We love this chili! I have even substituted the pinto beans with a can of baked beans, which made it even sweeter, which we loved! Often, I use turkey sausage for the pork or more ground beef. It is always great.
Jan 29, 2009
Excellent, easy recipe for chili. My husband always says it tastes as good as chili that's cooked all day.