Heart of My Heart Tarts
Crunchy walnuts carry the tune in these cute, delicious tarts. I enjoy the no-hassle crusts and a delectable walnut filling.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy; beat in flour until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into eight balls; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased heart-shaped or regular muffin cups. In a small bowl, beat egg. Beat in brown sugar and vanilla until blended. Stir in walnuts. Spoon into cups.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before carefully removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 346 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as "Heart of My Hearts" Tarts in Taste of Home February/March 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.