- 3 large green peppers
- 2 cups frozen vegetarian meat crumbles
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Discard stems. In a large kettle, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the meat crumbles, rice, onion, tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese and seasonings. Spoon into pepper halves. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and peppers are tender. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews forHealthy Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
"Morningstar makes vegetarian "meat" crumbles. You can find them in the frozen food aisles. I use them to make vegetarian tacos."
"What in the world are "vegetarian meat crumbles"?"