Healthy Turkey Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the egg substitute, bread crumbs, cranberries and feta cheese. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 354 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein.
Jan 22, 2017
Best turkey burgers ever!
May 19, 2016
I really enjoyed these. They were easy and quite tasty. I went light on the cranberries as I was unsure of the mix but next time I will put in the proper amount. They gave the burger a great flavor. Thank you for sharing!
Dec 6, 2015
Good! Much better than the commercial frozen patties. My husband didn't care for the unexpected cranberries, but I loved them. Next time I'll add his cranberries to my burger!
Mar 27, 2014
I made this last night. They were the best turkey burgers from ToH I have made. I followed the advise of others and used a whole egg. I broiled them in the oven and served them between 2 bagels. I did leave out the cranberries as my hubby would not be a fan of it. Yum They were super easy too.
Mar 1, 2013
On a diet, so this is timely. Used shredded sharp cheddar instead. Tasted great. I made a big mac sauce and put on white bread.
Jul 20, 2010
Excellent! Like the other reviewers I also used 1 beaten egg. I also chose the dried cranberries. The cranberries gave it just the right tang. I also added thinly sliced cucumbers and red onion & topped it off with a bit more Feta. Can't say it enough. Fantastic!!!
Jun 13, 2010
I made this recipe for two. I used a real egg and dries cherries. It was very good.
Mar 30, 2010
This is an excellent recipe! I use 1 egg instead of the egg substitute. I make my own bread crumbs and add seasonings. I use chopped craisins which works out really well. I also add a dash of Worcestershire sauce.Everyone loves these burgers when I make them and they freeze well!