Healthy Steamed Dumplings
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup finely shredded Chinese or napa cabbage
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-3/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 50 pot sticker or gyoza wrappers
- 6 cabbage leaves
- Sweet chili sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Add turkey; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Place 1 tablespoon filling in center of each pot sticker wrapper. (Cover remaining wrappers with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Moisten wrapper edge with water. Fold wrapper over filling; seal edges, pleating the front side several times to form a pleated pouch. Stand dumplings on a work surface to flatten bottoms; curve slightly to form crescent shapes, if desired.
- Line a steamer basket with six cabbage leaves. In batches, arrange dumplings 1 in. apart over cabbage; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; steam, covered, 6-8 minutes or until cooked through. Discard cabbage. If desired, serve with chili sauce.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze cooled dumplings on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until firm. Transfer to a large freezer container. To use, microwave dumplings, covered, for 30-45 seconds or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 dumpling (calculated without chili sauce): 44 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 11, 2019
I've made these three times now and these are very very good! The only deviation I make is that instead of packaged wrappers I make my own: 2 cups flour A couple pinches of salt 3/4 cup water Cornstarch (for dusting) This is my favorite dumpling recipe, and my family's as well :)