Healthy Shrimp Piccata Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 jar (3 ounces) capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute shallots in oil until tender. Add the shrimp, capers, lemon juice and garlic powder; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain spaghetti; toss with shrimp mixture.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 293 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 168mg cholesterol, 453mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 19, 2011
I love capers, and actually found this recipe by doing a search for them. This is a very light and simple dish. It's easy to make and very tasty.
Feb 10, 2011
Green olives w/ the pimento's can substitute for capers.
Feb 9, 2011
Can someone recommend a substitution for the capers? They are not a familiar ingredient to me so I hesitate to use them. Thank You
Jan 19, 2011
Was very tasty and quick to make, this one is going in the frequently made category.
Jan 5, 2011
This was good, however, I would substitute capers for something else. I also added a little ranch dressing to my plate. Yummy!
Aug 15, 2010