Healthy Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter and peanut butter until butter is melted; stir until smooth. Stir in applesauce.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Beat in the sugars until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to peanut butter mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forHealthy Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Cookies
"Grandkids loved them"
"I do not care to add applesauce to any thing I bake, These cookies just didn't taste good at all. Sorry!"
"They're awesome! I added a cup of chopped up peanuts for a crunch; it worked great!"
"I used lactose-free chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet and they were delicious."
"These cookies were so moist and delicious."