Healthy Italian Market Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni, quartered
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 199 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 612mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Apr 23, 2016
My family really liked this recipe. It was easy to make and very colourful. I used a yellow bell pepper for added colour. I also added snow peas or sugar snap peas, cut on the diagonal to bring the green colour into the salad - this also added some nice crunch. aprilstringfellow perhaps could substitute the sugar snap peas for the green pepper.
Oct 10, 2013
What can I substitute the green peppers with? My tummy doesn't like peppers. :(
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.