Healthy Gazpacho for 2
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1-1/3 cups reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Dash pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Chopped sweet yellow pepper, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber and onion. In another bowl, combine the tomato juice, oregano, basil, salt, garlic, pepper and pepper sauce; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with chives and, if desired, yellow pepper.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 81 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 18, 2010
Very refreshing, and easy to make!
Jul 14, 2010
very refreshing and delicious. I added Garlic vinegar, fresh cilantro, and an entire red onion. I also used my food processor. Quick, simple, and a great summer treat. (great as soup or salsa)