Healthy Gazpacho for 2
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1-1/3 cups reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Dash pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Chopped sweet yellow pepper, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber and onion. In another bowl, combine the tomato juice, oregano, basil, salt, garlic, pepper and pepper sauce; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with chives and, if desired, yellow pepper.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 81 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Jul 18, 2010
Very refreshing, and easy to make!
Jul 14, 2010
very refreshing and delicious. I added Garlic vinegar, fresh cilantro, and an entire red onion. I also used my food processor. Quick, simple, and a great summer treat. (great as soup or salsa)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.