Healthy Coconut Rice Pudding
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, bring the coconut milk, milk, rice and brown sugar to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-55 minutes or until thick and creamy, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Spoon into dessert dishes. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve warm or cold.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 17, 2015
This is a very good rice pudding recipe. It DOES NOT have a lot of coconut flavor, however. I sprinkled mine with some coconut flakes, but that changed the texture. I don't know if adding coconut flakes during cooking would help.
Mar 27, 2013
This was okay, but didn't have much of a coconut flavor. I tried adding a bit of coconut extract but it just didn't have the flavor I was looking for.
Jul 25, 2010
This recipe is sooooo good!! My husband & I loved it! He's begging me to make it again! =)