- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 small potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- In a small saucepan, combine the broth, parsnips, carrots, potato, celery, onion and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Using a slotted spoon, remove half of the vegetables to a bowl; cover and keep warm.
- Cool remaining vegetables for 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender; cover and process for 30 seconds. Add cream; process until blended. Add reserved vegetables; pulse until vegetables are chopped. Return all to the saucepan; heat through. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews forHealthy Carrot-Parsnip Soup
"very disappointing. no flavor.just tastes like purried carrots and parsnips. jarred baby food would have been better."