Healthy Blue Cheese Walnut Dip
I couldn't get my family to even try tofu. So, I combined it with some blue cheese and walnuts and they never knew—at least until now! It has been my secret as they gobbled it up. This is best made a couple of hours ahead so the flavors can meld. —Mary Marlowe Leverette, Columbia, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces silken firm tofu
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- Apple or pear wedges
- Baked pita chips or assorted crackers
- Process tofu and onion in a food processor until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Transfer mixture to a small bowl.
- Stir in sour cream, blue cheese and salt. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Stir in walnuts just before serving. Serve with fruit and pita chips.
Health Tip: Silken tofu adds a creamy texture to dips and spreads like mayonnaise or cream cheese would, but it's lower in fat and calories. It also adds 3g protein per serving in this dip!
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup dip: 90 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 439mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Heathly Blue Cheese Walnut Dip in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2017