Healthy Blue Cheese Walnut Dip
I couldn't get my family to even try tofu. So, I combined it with some blue cheese and walnuts and they never knew—at least until now! It has been my secret as they gobbled it up. This is best made a couple of hours ahead so the flavors can meld. —Mary Marlowe Leverette, Columbia, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces silken firm tofu
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- Apple or pear wedges
- Baked pita chips or assorted crackers
- Process tofu and onion in a food processor until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Transfer mixture to a small bowl.
- Stir in sour cream, blue cheese and salt. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Stir in walnuts just before serving. Serve with fruit and pita chips.
Health Tip: Silken tofu adds a creamy texture to dips and spreads like mayonnaise or cream cheese would, but it's lower in fat and calories. It also adds 3g protein per serving in this dip!