Hazelnut Yeast Bread
A flurry of yuletide activities-and a tasty recipe-can help you make the most of your handy bread machine during this hectic time. This hearty loaf is nutty and simply delicious.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
Makes1 loaf (1 pound, 16 slices)
- 2/3 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- In a bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before the final kneading (your bread machine may audibly signal this), add hazelnuts.
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 139 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Hazelnut Yeast Bread in Country Woman Christmas 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.