Hazelnut Wheat Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 3 hours
Makes1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 12 slices)
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons mashed potato flakes
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 127 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 8, 2010
made this and my bread loaf was not that big. it that normal? but it tasted great.
Jan 9, 2010
Both my husband and I really liked this bread. I had to make a few alterations for a couple of reasons, but it still came out great. I omited the milk powder, substituted the wheat germ with oat bran, and used sunflower seeds in place of the hazelnuts (sorry!). Makes a very tasty, healthy bread!