Hazelnut Pots de Creme
White chocolate and toasted ground hazelnuts make a heavenly combination in this rich, silky custard. Guests are sure to rave over the elegant individual treats served in ramekins. —Elise Lalor, Issaquah, Washington
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts, toasted
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur, optional
- Chocolate curls
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small saucepan, heat cream, hazelnuts and chocolate until bubbles form around sides of pan and chocolate is melted, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar. Remove cream mixture from heat; stir a small amount of hot cream mixture into egg mixture. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Stir in liqueur if desired. Strain, discarding hazelnuts.
- Transfer to six 6-oz. ramekins. Place in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove ramekins from water bath; cool 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Garnish servings with chocolate curls.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without chocolate curls): 555 calories, 48g fat (24g saturated fat), 318mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Hazelnut Pots de Creme in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.