Hazelnut Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup hazelnut flavoring syrup
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, syrups, flour, butter and vanilla. Stir in the pecans, hazelnuts and chocolate chips. Transfer to pastry shell.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Torani hazelnut flavoring syrup. Look for it in the coffee aisle.
1 piece: 629 calories, 35g fat (9g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.