Hazelnut Pear Tart
Alongside your traditional pumpkin pie, our home economists encourage you to slice wedges of this pretty, pleasing pear tart.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped blanched hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2/3 cup chopped blanched hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2-3/4 pounds pears, peeled and sliced
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla. Gradually add flour; stir in hazelnuts.
- Press into a greased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven; reduce heat to 350°.
- Spread apricot preserves over crust. In a large bowl, combine the hazelnuts, sugar, flour, butter and egg. Spoon over preserves. Arrange pear slices over filling in a concentric circle, slightly overlapping slices.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.