VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped blanched hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2/3 cup chopped blanched hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2-3/4 pounds pears, peeled and sliced
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla. Gradually add flour; stir in hazelnuts.
- Press into a greased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven; reduce heat to 350°.
- Spread apricot preserves over crust. In a large bowl, combine the hazelnuts, sugar, flour, butter and egg. Spoon over preserves. Arrange pear slices over filling in a concentric circle, slightly overlapping slices.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Hazelnut Pear Tart in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p117
Reviews forHazelnut Pear Tart
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2013
"This is amazing!! I used pecans instead of the hazelnuts just because I had them on hand. Can't wait to try again with hazelnuts."