Hazelnut & Lemon-Crusted Turkey Breast
This recipe is proof that simple recipes can still be special. Placing the turkey breast over lemon slices before roasting results in a tasty, tender main course.—Lorraine Caland, Thunder Bay, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + standing
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast half (2 pounds)
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- Place the first nine ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Rub mixture over turkey.
- Arrange lemon slices in a foil-lined 13x9-in. baking pan; top with turkey.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked turkey: 346 calories, 19g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 39g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2-1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.