Hazelnut & Lemon-Crusted Turkey Breast
This recipe is proof that simple recipes can still be special. Placing the turkey breast over lemon slices before roasting results in a tasty, tender main course.—Lorraine Caland, Thunder Bay, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + standing
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast half (2 pounds)
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- Place the first nine ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Rub mixture over turkey.
- Arrange lemon slices in a foil-lined 13x9-in. baking pan; top with turkey.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked turkey: 346 calories, 19g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 39g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2-1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Hazelnut and Lemon Crusted Turkey Breast in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011