Hazelnut Espresso Fingers in Chocolate
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place hazelnuts in a food processor; cover and process until ground. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in espresso powder and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in hazelnuts.
- Shape scant tablespoonfuls of dough into 2-in. logs. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway into chocolate mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 100 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 25, 2016
I am the creator/submitter of this recipe, and the salt measurement should only be 1/4 teaspoon if using salted butter as shown above. I wrote the recipe with UNsalted butter originally, and only then would the salt measurement be 1/2 teaspoon.