- 1-1/2 cups hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place hazelnuts in a food processor; cover and process until ground. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in espresso powder and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in hazelnuts.
- Shape scant tablespoonfuls of dough into 2-in. logs. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway into chocolate mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews forHazelnut Espresso Fingers in Chocolate
"I am the creator/submitter of this recipe, and the salt measurement should only be 1/4 teaspoon if using salted butter as shown above. I wrote the recipe with UNsalted butter originally, and only then would the salt measurement be 1/2 teaspoon."