Hazelnut Date Pumpkin Bread
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
Makes3 loaves (12 slices each)
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped hazelnuts
- 2 cups chopped dates
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk the first 7 ingredients. In a stand mixer, beat eggs, pumpkin, milk, oil and vanilla until blended. Beat in flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in hazelnuts and dates.
- Transfer to 3 greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 50-55 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Freeze option: Securely wrap cooled loaves in foil, then freeze. To use, thaw at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 252 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 3, 2019
This is good but imo a little bland. After tasting the batter, I added one more tsp of vanilla and a tsp of pumpkin spice. After tasting the baked product, I'm glad I did and I will likely increase to 2 tsp of pumpkin spice in the future.
Oct 26, 2019
Everyone in our family loved this bread! The seasonings are perfect for fall and it was fun to have nuts and dried fruit in the bread.
Sep 6, 2019
My family loved this bread. I made one with and without the nuts to accommodate someone who can't eat nuts. The recipe states it makes three breads. I cut the recipe in half and there was enough for two decent size breads.