Ruth Sayles of Pendleton, Oregon reveals, "I often make ice cream sandwiches using these yummy cookies."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts or filberts, toasted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and nuts. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls; place on greased baking sheets. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 309 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Hazelnut Crunchers in Taste of Home October/November 1996