Ruth Sayles of Pendleton, Oregon reveals, "I often make ice cream sandwiches using these yummy cookies."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts or filberts, toasted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and nuts. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls; place on greased baking sheets. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 309 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Hazelnut Crunchers in Taste of Home October/November 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.