- 1 jar (13 ounces) chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2-1/2 cups chopped hazelnuts, toasted, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the hazelnut spread, shortening and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with the milk. Mix well. Fold in 1/2 cup hazelnuts. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Finely chop the remaining hazelnuts. Place hazelnuts and confectioners' sugar in separate shallow bowls. Roll dough into 1-in. balls; roll in hazelnuts, then sugar. Place 1 in. apart on a ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set and surface is cracked. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 7 dozen.
Reviews forHazelnut Crinkle Cookies
"Made these last night. Made sure the dough was chilled well, and they baked up super nice, just like the photo. Rather than using vanilla extract used 1 teaspoon of "hazelnut extract" to pump up the nut flavor. Also after baking I sprinkled with additional powered sugar for my sweet tooth! Cookies have a slight crunch and soft center. This recipe makes lots of cookies so I got to share "bakers dozen" with 4 other families."
"A new family favourite. Worth the extra labour."