My mom and I make these delicate cookies every Christmas. Hazel nuts give a little different flavor from the usual pecans. —Beverly Launius, Sandwich, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 10 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole hazelnuts, ground
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough by teaspoonfuls into 2-in. rolls. Form into crescents. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.