Hazelnut Cream Pie
The key ingredient in this creamy-crunchy pie is my children’s favorite chocolate-hazelnut spread. For the finishing touch, sprinkle on semisweet chips and toasted nuts.
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut liqueur
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, butter, sugar and hazelnuts. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, heat Nutella until melted; stir until smooth. Spread over bottom of crust. Refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and Nutella until fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar, milk and liqueur; beat until smooth. In another bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold into cream cheese mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into prepared crust. Sprinkle hazelnuts and chocolate chips over top. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until chilled.
Originally published as Hazelnut cream pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.