- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup ground hazelnuts (about 3 ounces)
- 24 whole hazelnuts, toasted and skins removed
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and cocoa; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in ground hazelnuts.
- Shape dough into twenty-four 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press a whole hazelnut onto the center of each.
- Bake cookies 15-19 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Dust cookies with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forHazelnut Chocolate Cookies
"I am from Tigard, OR. somehow it changed online, despite what it says in magazine or reali life. :-} I've directed my friends to some of these adn do not want to miss them because they think it is a different person."