Whenever one of my daughters is asked to bring a dish to a church function, a birthday party or any special occasion, they ask me for this recipe. It is so easy to prepare because it starts with a cake mix. It doesn't need icing, so it is great for bake sales, too.
Recommended: 37 Dessert Recipes for People Who Love Cheesecake
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup brickle toffee bits, optional
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, water, Nutella and oil; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Fold in chocolate chips, hazelnuts and, if desired, toffee bits. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Hazelnut Cake Squares in Holiday 13x9 2016, p91