Hazelnut Bundt Cake
My mother, a wonderful German lady, used to make this cake often, since she knew how much I loved hazelnuts and chocolate together. Now I make it for my family.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup finely ground hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine flour and baking powder. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips; add to creamed mixture and stir until well mixed.
- Pour into a greased 6-cup fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 304 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Hazelnut Bundt Cake in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.