- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole hazelnuts, toasted and chopped, divided
- 3 quarts chocolate ice cream, softened if necessary
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan with parchment; grease paper.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and salt. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Add flour, mixing well. Stir in 1 cup hazelnuts.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, use plastic wrap to line a 4-qt. bowl with a 9-in.-diameter top. Quickly spread ice cream into bowl. Freeze, covered, until firm.
- Loosen sides of brownie with a knife; remove rim from pan. Transfer brownie to a serving plate and remove paper. Spread top with Nutella. Invert ice cream mold onto brownie; remove bowl and plastic wrap. Immediately press remaining hazelnuts onto ice cream. Freeze, covered, at least 1 hour before serving. Cut into wedges.
<B>Editor’s note: </b> To toast whole hazelnuts, spread hazelnuts in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake in a 350° oven 7-10 minutes or until fragrant and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. To remove skins, wrap hazelnuts in a tea towel; rub with towel to loosen skins.
1 slice: 960 calories, 62g fat (22g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 101g carbohydrate (84g sugars, 9g fiber), 15g protein.