Pour a cup of coffee and indulge! Crisp, crunchy biscotti cookies are perfect for dunking. Hazelnuts and almonds make my favorite version even better. —Johnna Johnson, Scottsdale, AZ
Recommended: The Best Cookies for Dunking
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and extracts until well-blended. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into egg mixture. Stir in nuts (mixture will be stiff).
- Divide dough in half. Using lightly floured hands, shape each portion into a 9x2-in. rectangle on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Cool on pans on wire racks until firm. Reduce oven setting to 325°. Transfer baked rectangles to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 3/4-in. slices. Place on baking sheets, cut side down.
- Bake until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes per side. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Hazelnut Almond Biscotti in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p183