Hay and Straw Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 2 cups julienned fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute ham in butter for 3 minutes. Add peas; heat through. Drain linguine; toss with the ham mixture, Parmesan cheese and cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 410 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 783mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Hay and Straw
"Four stars after adding some much needed garlic, thyme and pepper."
"Very bland tasting!"
"Could I serve this cold. or does it have to be a hot dish"
"Really quick and easy meal. My picky kids even thought it was delicious. I didn't have the parmesan, so I used feta instead and it was really good. I would take the advice of other reviewers and cut down on the amount of pasta and peas, probably down to 3/4 lb. for the noodles and 2 cups of peas. Other than that, we really enjoyed it. It's a keeper!"
"I have been making this recipe since it came out in the Taste of Home Magazine in 2003. My family absolutely loves it! It is quick and delicious!"
"This is so easy, delicious and fun. It's awesome to make when you're in a pinch for time. Absolutely delicious."
"I made this tonight and it was wonderful! I only used 1/2 the peas and added spinach, onion, garlic, and a little more of the sauce! I will be making this again and again!"
"We make this dish every month... never get tired of it! It is one of my 16 year old son's favorite meals."
"My husband calls this a "bang up" dish. I don't know where he got the phrase, but it means something that's really, really good. I make this nearly every time I have leftover ham. My family eats every morsel."