Hawaiian Turtle Cups
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups white baking chips
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 18 caramels
- 2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 12 dried pineapple pieces, chopped
- In a microwave, melt white chips; stir until smooth. Pour by teaspoonfuls into greased miniature muffin cups; set aside remaining melted chips. Sprinkle the center of each muffin cup with nuts.
- In a microwave, melt caramels and cream; stir until smooth. Pour over nuts. Reheat reserved chips if necessary; pour over caramel mixture. Top each with pineapple.
- Chill for 30 minutes or until set. Carefully run a knife around the edge of each muffin cup to loosen candy.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 223 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 22, 2010
very tasty the caramels and cream ran out on the second batch left out the cream and just chopped the caramels in to pieces worked just fine
Jan 21, 2010
I've made this a number of times and also as a bark but I always have trouble with the caramels running. It is very tasty though.