- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 4 sesame hamburger buns
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use); set pineapple aside. In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, onions, red pepper, soy sauce, salt and reserved pineapple juice. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Brush with teriyaki sauce. Grill 4-6 minutes longer on each side or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 165°. Grill pineapple slices for 2 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with teriyaki sauce. Warm buns on grill; top each with a burger and pineapple slice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHawaiian Turkey Burgers
"We were without a grill for quite a long time, so when we finally got a grill this was the first meal we made! It didn't disappoint. I added a little mayonnaise to the burger mix for moistness. The family loved these!"
"really yummy. my son, 2 daughters, and my husband all loved it. I made it without the pineapple but it still tasted good."
"These burgers were great! They were moist and had great flavor!"
"Really yummy! Made them inside because it was winter time - still good!"
"This was a wonderful and easy recipe! We plan on making it again soon!!"
"These are really good, especially with the grilled pineapple and a little mayonnaise."
"I'm always looking for new turkey burger recipes and I'll be making this one again. Loved the grilled pineapple, but since I didn't have teriyaki sauce I didn't put that on the burgers and used soy sauce on the pineapple instead."
"whole family loved this burger, a great way to go for a burger without the same old beef burger. love love loved it."