- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 6 to 8 cups torn salad greens
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. In a large bowl, combine greens, pineapple and cheese. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and reserved pineapple juice; mix well. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forHawaiian Salad
"I typically make this one during the summer months, although that doesn't have to be the case for other reviewers. I just think of pineapple as a "summery" type of fruit. It also seems to be the perfect accompaniment for some grilled items. I DO use a carton of FRESH pineapple, however, along with juices to add to the mayo for added flavor."
"Wow, a tasty salad that only takes a few ingredients. I keep baby spinach on hand, so I substituted some baby spinach in with the other greens! Also, added some candied slivered almonds to the top."
"very good...my whole family loves thisI have to double the recipe"