- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 large green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, quartered, optional
- 12 to 16 fresh mushrooms
- 16 to 18 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooked rice, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Place pineapple chunks and vegetables in a large bowl; set aside. In a saucepan, combine reserved pineapple juice with soy sauce, olive oil, brown sugar and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Pour over vegetable mixture; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Remove pineapple and vegetables from marinade and reserve marinade. Alternate pineapple, green pepper, onion if desired, mushrooms and tomatoes on skewers. Grill kabobs for 20 minutes or until soft, turning and basting with marinade frequently. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forHawaiian Kabobs
"Very good I liked it and it was a good idea for the kids"
"We are hooked on this recipe! My brother turned the leftovers into fajitas the next day and said it was the best he'd ever had."
"great Holiday Grilling Recipe, Great appetizer, !"