- 8 submarine rolls or hoagie buns (8 inches)
- 8 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 6 to 8 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 pound sliced fully cooked ham, julienned
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut thin slices off tops of rolls. Hollow out bread in the center, leaving 1/4-in. shells; set aside tops and discard hollowed-out bread (or save for another use). Place rolls on a baking sheet; line the inside of each with Swiss cheese. In a skillet, saute peppers and onions in oil for 3 minutes. Add ham; cook for 3 minutes. Add pineapple. Remove from the heat; drain. Spoon into rolls. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; return to the oven until cheese melts, about 1 minute. Replace tops of rolls. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forHawaiian Ham Sandwiches
"I make this all the time, and we love it. The only difference is that I make it as a stromboli loaf to cut the carbs."
"I'm only rating this because the picture doesn't look anything like you would expect if you follow the directions. It sounds good and I will try it and then review as such!"