"I liked the dressing on a Hawaiian chicken salad I tried at a restaurant, so I devised my own through trial and error," writes Lynn Merrifield, Watrous, Saskatchewan. "I make this salad at least once a week. You can also add mandarin oranges or pineapple chunks."
Recommended: 30 Grilled Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 grilled boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Place the chicken in a microwave-safe dish. Combine the salad dressing, lemon-pepper and garlic powder; pour over chicken. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, lemon juice, honey, mustard, garlic tarragon and rosemary; shake well. On four plates, arrange the romaine, tomatoes, cucumber and onions. Top with chicken and drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Chicken Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p34
Reviews forHawaiian Grilled Chicken Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review