- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 3 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 cups cold milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped and sweetened
- 2 cups flaked coconut, toasted
- Mix cake batter according to package directions. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until the cakes test done. Cool completely. In a large mixing bowl, combine pudding mixes, milk and coconut extract; beat for 2 minutes. Add the cream cheese and beat well. Stir in pineapple. Spread over the cooled cakes. Top with whipped cream; sprinkle with coconut. Chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews forHawaiian Dessert
"5 I used coconut pudding and it was AWESOME !!!!!!"
"This was simple to make and so Delicious. It is SO light! Everyone asked for the recipe, and I will definitely be making this again."
"First off I'm not a " baker" lol, love eating desserts but hv a hard time making them! This was easy peasy! Only tweaked a couple small things here. I added a teas. of vanilla extract to the yellow cake mix & chopped up some macadamia nuts to sprinkle on top with the coconut. Was a HUGE hit at hubby's office...they had a Hawaiian Day & he brought dessert..this! Recipe says serves 24 but these 2 pans fed 50, just cut them into smaller pieces!! 5 stars ;)"
"this recipe was amazing! i have made this dessert several times in the last few weeks and it is a huge hit every time"
"I've made this dessert several times and always get asked for the recipe."
"Light, refreshing, absolutely delicious. Perfect dessert for summer."
""Would you make this recipe again?"YES, YES, YES!!!While reading the directions, I couldn't understand why it called for dividing the cake batter between two 13x9" pans. It would have been a mistake to cook the cake in one pan, as there is enough filling to fill both pans.I'd also like to add, the filling smelled awesome to begin with, but instead of whipping and sweetening heavy whipping cream to apply on top, instead, I folded in an 8oz tub of cool whip before layering the filling over the cakes. Mom said it tasted better than a "store bought coconut cream pie." Dad was extremely happy I'd sent them a large amount home to snack on through the week... not that it'll last that long."
"Where is my hula skirt!! This is Delish!!!!!"