Hawaiian Chicken Salad
My mom signed me up for cooking classes when I was in seventh grade. I've been hooked ever since! I only used fresh ingredients in this salad, which combines a number of tropical flavors.—Bob Wedemeyer, Lynnwood, Washington
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (16 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup salted cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 4 teaspoons apple juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Combine the dressing ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 360 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 317mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Hawaiian Chicken Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.