Hawaiian Chicken Macaroni Salad
I usually make this Hawaiian macaroni salad out of leftover chicken. The sweet pineapple complements the crisp celery, green beans and almonds in this flavorful, well-dressed salad. —Margie Dearth, Fremont, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1-1/2 teaspoons juice; set juice aside. In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, macaroni, chicken, celery, green beans and almonds.
- Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, salt and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Chill until serving.
Test Kitchen Tips