“I usually make this the night before out of left-over chicken,” says Margie Dearth of Freemont, Wisconsin. The sweet pineapples complement the crisp celery, green beans and almonds in this flavorful, well-dressed salad.
Recommended: 50 Party Recipes So Good You Won’t Have Leftovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1-1/2 teaspoons juice; set juice aside. In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, macaroni, chicken, celery, green beans and almonds.
- Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, salt and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Hawaiian Chicken Salad in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p63