Hasty Heartland Dinner
This hearty microwave recipe from the American Egg Board comes in especially handy the week after Easter, when there are plenty of hard-cooked eggs to use up.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (5-1/2 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a microwave, cook potatoes according to package directions. Add sauce packet and milk as directed. Stir in the eggs, ham and peas.
- Cover and cook on high, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3-5 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 310 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 231mg cholesterol, 1316mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Hasty Heartland Dinner in Country Woman March/April 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.