Hashbrown and Sausage Breakfast Pizza
When my boys were in high school, they often tried of traditional breakfast foods. To keep them interested, I would make this pizza. It's also a great appetizer. —Judy Shinner, Fort Collins, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into triangles; place on a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Press seams together and build up edges; set aside.
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and cool slightly. Sprinkle sausage, hash browns, mushrooms, bacon and olives over dough. Top with cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- In bowl, beat eggs, milk and salt; pour over pizza. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 561 calories, 41g fat (17g saturated fat), 247mg cholesterol, 1366mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Breakfast Pizza in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001