Hash Brown Reubens
If you love Reubens, you'll enjoy this twist on the classic sandwich made with frozen hash brown patties. I came up with the recipe because a member of our family has a sensitivity to bread. Now I wouldn't think of making a Reuben any other way!—Alice Stanwix, Honeoye, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 frozen hash brown patties
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 thick slices corned beef
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweetened cinnamon applesauce
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Swiss cheese
- Place hash brown patties in a greased 11x7-in. baking pan. Spread each with butter; top with corned beef. In a bowl, combine the sauerkraut, brown sugar and applesauce; spoon over the corned beef.
- Top with salad dressing and Swiss cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 353 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 923mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Hash Brown Reubens in Taste of Home October/November 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.