Hash Brown Quiche with Beef and Cheese
I got this recipe from an aunt some years ago, and it quickly became a favorite breakfast entree. You can't go wrong with ground beef, hash browns and cheese!—Jamie Creamer, Bartlett, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine hash browns and butter in a greased 9-in. pie plate. Press onto the bottom and up the sides, forming a shell. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Cool for 5 minutes. In a bowl, combine cornstarch, eggs and milk until smooth. Stir into beef mixture. Add the remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour into shell. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting.
If you want to serve overnight guests Hash Brown Quiche for breakfast, assemble it the night before. Remove it from the refrigerator 15 minutes before baking.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 415 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 837mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Hash Brown Quiche in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.