Hash Brown Pork Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream and soup. Stir in the hash browns, pork, process cheese and onion. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- Toss cornflake crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 721 calories, 43g fat (26g saturated fat), 150mg cholesterol, 1371mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 20, 2017
I made this recipe changing quite a bit from the original. I followed SEWITIS suggestions but used chicken. I also added 2 stalks chopped celery and that really kicked up the flavor. I topped with about 2/3 cup panko and did final baking with sliced provolone cheese that I had on hand. The recipe does not call for salt and pepper and it doesn't need it! REALLY good weeknight casserole.
Apr 21, 2015
I make a slightly smaller version. I use 1 c light sour cream, 1 can soup, 16 oz hash browns, 2 c pork, 8 oz Velveeta, 1/8 c onion. I sprinkle fine plain cornflake crumbs over the top [I don't measure them], skipping the butter and Mozzarella. I have used 1 1/2 c shredded Cheddar for the Velveeta. I use leftovers from a roasted pork loin.
Sep 18, 2011
I have made this recipe a few times, and my Husband gobbles it down everytime, and doesn't mind taking the leftovers to work!
Sep 8, 2011
Yummy! My picky family really liked this. I melted the processed cheese before adding it to the soup and sour cream. Next time I think I will try using mexican processed cheese.
Dec 11, 2009
This recipe is going to stop your heart. With 43 g fat (26 g saturated fat) per serving, how much is one serving? 1 Cup, 1/2 cup, 3/4 cup ect?
Dec 10, 2009
Didn't make this, just wanted to point out there's 1371 mgs of sodium to one serving. That can't be good.
Oct 22, 2009
This recipe was only so-so. I followed the directions and it just wasnt that great.