Hash Brown Pancakes with Smoked Salmon & Dill Cream Recipe
On weekends when I was growing up, waffles, salmon and bagels were our brunch staples. I’ve combined the concepts and use whipped cream instead of cream cheese. —Arlene Erlbach, Morton Grove, Illinois
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/8 teaspoons dill weed, divided
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (3 to 4 ounces) smoked salmon or lox
- Beat heavy whipping cream and 1 teaspoon dill on high until stiff peaks form. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. Stir together potatoes, eggs, chives and salt until well combined. Grease griddle. Drop potato mixture by heaping 1/2 cupfuls onto griddle; flatten to 1/2-inch thick. Cook until bottoms are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Keep warm.
- To serve, place salmon slices on pancakes. Top with whipped cream; sprinkle with remaining dill. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hash Brown Pancakes with Smoked Salmon & Dill Cream in Taste of Home December 2016