- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Press hash browns between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Grease a 9-in. pie plate with 2 teaspoons butter. Press hash browns onto the bottom and up the sides of plate. Drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are browned.
- Combine cheeses and ham; spoon into the crust. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, cream and seasoned salt; pour over ham.
- Reduce heat to 350°. Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forHash Brown Ham Quiche
"Not really a quiche because it is not egg based BUT it is very tasty. The hash browns are a very creative twist. This dish bakes up and serves well. Several people said the Swiss cheese overpowered and made the dish not go with the rest of the brunch. Next time we make this I will swap out the Swiss for another type of cheese. Possible combos: Pepper jack, cheddar, colby jack. Also some of the packaged shredded cheese flavor blends - Mexican, Italian, etc. would be interesting. Just not Swiss."
"My family LOVES this quiche! It is requested many times throughout the year. I put the bag of hash browns in the fridge the day before and in a colander on the counter the night before. I use a no lint towel to wring out the hash browns. Don't over butter the hash browns for the first baking. I have tried other cheeses and the combo of Swiss and Pepper Jack cheese in the original recipe reigns supreme!"
"Too much cheese and not enough egg for me to think of this as "quiche". But it has potential... if I were to make it again, I'd halve the cheese and add 2 more eggs."
"We used a combination of colby jack and fontina along with a sweet onion. easy to make and a good use for leftover ham."
"It was ok, it didn't really tickle my taste buds as it stands...It needs something"
"Very simple and turned out great helped use up some left over ham."
"This was so good and easy! I changed a few things. Instead of the swiss and pepper jack cheese, I just used a mixture of shredded Colby Jack and Cheddar cheese and it was so good! And instead of ham, I used browned ground sausage, which was delicious! It turned out great, and was so simple to make!"
"This was so good and easy! I changed a few things. Instead o the swiss and pepper jack cheese, I just used a mixture of shredded Colby Jack and Cheddar cheese and it was so good! And instead of ham, I used browned ground sausage, which was delicious! It turned out great, and was so simple to make!"