Hash browns form the crust for this colorful quiche that's chock-full of ham, cheese, green pepper and mushrooms. "It's a family favorite," relates Ella Woroniuk of Canora, Saskatchewan.
Recommended: 17 Breakfast-On-the-Go Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the hash browns, salt and pepper in 2 tablespoons butter until golden brown. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and mushrooms in remaining butter. Remove from the heat; sprinkle with flour. Stir in the ham, eggs and milk. Pour into hash brown crust.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Hash Brown Ham Quiche in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p21
Reviews forHash Brown Ham and Cheese Quiche
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2010
"This was very yummy although it was runny. Maybe I will bake it longer next time."